Finally... A captain to lead my Genesis chapter into battle - and hopefully to victory. I must say the dice gods have not been kind to me as of late. I put a considerable amount of time and effort into this model and am very pleased with how he turned out. The dingy white on the banner vs. the brilliant white on the cape and robe was done intentionally. This way you're eyes are drawn towards the body of the model rather than its banner. I may still go back and work on the banner a little bit to make it less contrasting, but in the mean time I'm going to see what comments people have about it. On to the 'how to'...
- I started from a Chaos Black undercoat and painted the power armour Mechrite Red.
- Shading was done with a Devlan Mud wash and highlights by drybrushing Blood Red.
- All of the gold areas were first painted Shining Gold followed by Brown Ink and highlighted with Burnished Gold. Additionally the bolter casing was lightly drybrushed with Mithril Silver to make it stand out a little more.
- The inside of the cape and the robe were first painted with Codex Grey then highlights were done with Fortress Grey followed by Skull White.
- The Purity Seal ribbons where painted Bleached Bone and then given a wash of Gryphonne Sepia and then highlighted with some thinned Bleached Bone.
- The blue tassels, cape and purity seals were painted Ultramarines Blue and then washed with Asurman Blue followed by highlights of Ultramarines Blue. To coat the cape evenly I made sure to use a large tank brush for the wash and a small flat drybrush for the highlighting.
- The metallic areas of the Bolter and Powersword were first painted with Boltgun Metal and washed with Badab Black and highlighted with lite a drybrushing Mithril Silver.