It’s been awhile since I’ve posted; sadly I’ve had a case of hobby burn out. In my blogging absence though I’ve managed to get in regular games with a club I’ve joined; Innocence Means Nothing. They’re a great bunch of guys who are both fun to game with and hang out with.
When the hobby burn out had passed I found myself wanting to paint something different, something non Astartes. I’ve painted a lot of Space Marines to get my fill for a little while. So out came the Assault on Black Reach Orks.
They’re not finished obviously, but I figured I’d chronicle my progress on them as I finish the models I have and maybe even add to the army… I really want a Deff Dread.
How I painted the flesh:
- After priming them black I laid down a base coat of Dark Angels Green. -In hindsight I think Orkhide Shade would have been better.
- The flesh was then layered with Goblin Green leaving some of the darker green showing in the deepest recesses.
- A light drybrush of Rotting Flesh was then applied followed by an even lighter drybrush of Bleached Bone on just then most pronounced features.
- Liberal coat of Thrakka Green wash.
- Lastly the flesh was touched up with thinned (watered down) Goblin Green.
Thanks for dropping by. Cheers!