Tactical Squad Lucius of the Genesis Chapter 2nd Company
The first five models of the first Genesis Chapter tactical squad are complete. This particular photo makes them look a lot more red then what they really are, but you'll have to take my word for it, they do match the Dreadnought and Terminators. Perhaps the lighting and/or my camera settings weren't quite the same. Thankfully I don't claim to be a photographer. Oh well... I think the picture is still fairly nice. So on with it - How did I paint them?
- I started from a Chaos Black undercoat and painted the whole miniature Mechrite Red.
- To do the shading and highlighting I first gave the miniature a heavy wash of Devlan Mud followed by a drybrushing of Blood Red after the wash was given enough time to dry.
- The shoulder guard trim and chest eagles were first painted Shining Gold followed by Brown Ink and highlighted with Burnished Gold.
- The sergeants 'loin cloth' and some of the marines honour badges were first painted with Codex Grey then highlights were done with Fortress Grey followed by Skull White.
- The Purity Seal ribbons where painted Bleached Bone and then given a wash of Gryphonne Sepia and then highlighted with some thinned Bleached Bone. The wax seal was painted Ultramarines Blue and then washed with Asurman Blue.
- The metallic areas of the Bolters and Chainsword were first painted with Boltgun Metal and washed with Badab Black and highlighted with lite a drybrushing Mithril Silver.