Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Wiser Man Than Myself...

I want to touch on a subject that World’s End Radio discussed not too long ago. After listening to the Podcast it reminded me of something someone once told me.

“Seconds add up to minutes and minutes add up to hours.”

I’m not entirely sure why I remember this, it’s not exactly life changing advice or insightful. What it is however is logical and logic I can appreciate.

If you’re like me, you have a lot of demands on your time, leaving little left over to devote to the hobby. Further more, the free time I can put into the hobby I want to use for game play. As you very well may know or have guessed, these things add up to model painting being placed on the back burner and this is where the above quote comes in.

I make it a point to compose some form of hobby progress each and every night. No matter how small or large of an effort it may turn out to be… I do something. Some nights I may get to spend 5 minutes painting, assembling, or trimming mould lines. Other nights I may actually be able to sit down for an hour and put a good dent in completing my next squad or vehicle. The idea here is that all of my progress no matter how minuscule will eventually add up to something larger and ultimately completion.

Don’t let painting and modeling feel like a chore. If you allow this to happen then you’re defeating yourself and the 40,000 hobby. (World’s End Radio)

3 comments:

  1. Well said.
    It'a amazing how fast a little work each night adds up after a week or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear what you are saying loud and clear. It's just hard to motivate sometimes. Good for you for making it happen at least a little each day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree with The Inner Geek, it can be tough sometimes to motivate yourself to indulge in a night of the hobby. But taking it in small managable steps, rather that gargantuan painting marathons are the way to go...hmm, perhaps I'll get more painting done this way!

    ReplyDelete

Recommended Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin