I can’t believe its been over two months since my last post. Time can pass rather quickly when dealing with pesky life issues. Anyway…
Getting back to it after a solid two month hiatus I’ve decided to return to my Ultramarines. I’m a fan-boy, what can I say, that and with the new Blood Angel codex coming I figured I’ll take a step back from doing red.
I’ve started making progress on my scouts, which are thankfully coming along very nicely. When I fist dove into these guys I was a bit apprehensive as there is a lot of white (anyone who’s painted white onto black understands), but so far so good.
Keeping with (what I feel is) a slightly better than table-top standard these guys are all done in mostly the same manner as my tactical squad.
- Flesh – Tanned Flesh was used as a base coat. Dwarf Flesh was then applied to all but the deepest recesses. Finally the most pronounced features were highlighted with Elf Flesh.
- Fatigues – I painted the entire area Graveyard Earth followed by Kommando Khaki, taking care not to get any in the deepest recessed. Next I built up the the color with a 1:1 mix of Kommando Khaki and Skull White. Finally I finished it off with a highlight of pure Skull White.
- Aquila – Starting from a Chaos Black undercoat I painted the whole thing Shinning Gold. I then painted Brown Ink into the recesses (this could be substituted for Devlan Mud). Once the ink was dry I carefully highlighted the very edges with a 1:1 mix of Shinning Gold and Mithril Silver.
Thanks for stopping by. Cheers!