It’s been awhile, but now that the thunderstorm looming over my head is finally gone I can get some hobby done and some blog posts up. If you’re wondering where I’ve been… I’ve been dealing with a preverbal shit-storm of bad fortune.
To sum it up as quickly as I can… Both the wife piece and myself wrecked both of our cars two weeks apart, no one was injured. She needed to buy a new vehicle because hers was deemed totaled. I then bought a new one because I wanted to. Thanksgiving came and went, much travelling was done. After the holidays the wife piece and I both became ill. Thankfully none of that H1N1 crap going around. A month later we’re well and I’m back in the saddle and ready to go.
I just finished up my one set of Urban Barricades after leaving them only primed for months. I kept them simple, but made sure to do enough that they wouldn’t be bland. Each piece was first primed black and then given a base coat of Chardon Granite by means of heavy over brushing.
The door in this barricade was first painted with Camo Green and then given a liberal coating of Devlan Mud. The rusty grate was done using the technique described in this months White Dwarf. (Painting The Coach Inn p.86) I started with with a base coat of Dark Flesh, then stippled on some Bestial Brown followed by a tiny bit of Blazing Orange. I have to admit the new GW Stippling Brush was the VIP here. I’ve used old worn out, cut off brushes to stipple before, but the new GW brush is designed for the technique and really does do a better job.
Take note to the fallen statue in front. To make this barricade have bit more personality I focused on making the statue a lighter color. I started with a base coat of Dessert Yellow followed by a highlight of Bleached Bone and then finished it by painting a small amount of Devlan Mud into the deepest recesses.
That’s all for now. Thanks for stopping. Cheers!