Sunday, September 26, 2010

Progress On Da Boyz



Just a quick progress photo of da Boyz…  I got the leather and metal bitz painted and hit' ‘em with the first coat of wash.

I’m finding that there is a ton of detail on these models; far more than I had ever seen just glancing over them in their ‘nude’ grey plastic state.  Progress is a lot slower than anticipated (it always is), but as the codex says… It takes time to build a proper WAAAGH!


Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Change of Pace




It’s been awhile since I’ve posted; sadly I’ve had a case of hobby burn out.  In my blogging absence though I’ve managed to get in regular games with a club I’ve joined; Innocence Means Nothing.  They’re a great bunch of guys who are both fun to game with and hang out with. 

When the hobby burn out had passed I found myself wanting to paint something different, something non Astartes.  I’ve painted a lot of Space Marines to get my fill for a little while.  So out came the Assault on Black Reach Orks.

They’re not finished obviously, but I figured I’d chronicle my progress on them as I finish the models I have and maybe even add to the army… I really want a Deff Dread.

How I painted the flesh:

  1. After priming them black I laid down a base coat of Dark Angels Green.  -In hindsight I think Orkhide Shade would have been better.
  2. The flesh was then layered with Goblin Green leaving some of the darker green showing in the deepest recesses.
  3. A light drybrush of Rotting Flesh was then applied followed by an even lighter drybrush of Bleached Bone on just then most pronounced features.
  4. Liberal coat of Thrakka Green wash.
  5. Lastly the flesh was touched up with thinned (watered down) Goblin Green.

Thanks for dropping by.  Cheers!

Recommended Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin